If you have a car accident in Milwaukee, what should you do? Here are some helpful Do’s and Do Not’s if you have had a car accident in Milwaukee, or anywhere else.
1. Do’s if you are involved in a car accident in Milwaukee .
* Stay calm if you are in a car accident in Milwaukee. It may require tremendous willpower, but getting angry with the other driver will accomplish nothing.
* Please be absolutely sure it is safe to exit your vehicle. If necessary, get out on the passenger side, or stay in your automobile until the police arrive.
* Check for injuries. If you, anyone in your car, or the other car are injured, call for medical assistance immediately.
* Use your smart phone to take clear image snapshots of any damage to your car, and the other car(s) right at the time of the incident.
* Wait for the police and/or medical personnel, and file a car accident report with the Milwaukee police department.
* When making the report to the police be truthful, but let them decide who was at fault.
* Trade information from the other driver involved in the accident: such as name, address, make and model of vehicle, license plate number and insurance information.
* Ask witnesses for their name, address and telephone numbers.
* Contact your insurance company as soon as possible
2. Do Not’s if you are involved in a car accident in Milwaukee .
* Do not delay medical attention if you have been in a car accident in Milwaukee. If you are hurt, or even think you are, seek medical attention immediately. Waiting too long could be a fatal
mistake. Let a doctor decide if it is safe for you to go home, or back to work.
* Do not give any statements to the other driver’s insurance company without legal representation; at the very least have them contact your insurance company.
* Do not wait to have a thorough damage estimate done on your vehicle. The estimate should include the cost of repairing your vehicle with new parts and labor.
* Do not accept a fast settlement from the other driver’s insurance company.
3. Keep a level head and contain your emotions if you are in a car accident in Milwaukee.
Keeping calm after a car accident in Milwaukee will prevent you from making rash statements.
Staying calm throughout the investigation and the long settlement process will work out better for you in long run, and you will avoid making costly mistakes.
4. Do you need an Attorney for a car accident in Milwaukee?
It depends on how your car accident in Milwaukee is being handled. If you feel your insurance company is not looking out for your best interests, then you should hire an attorney to represent you. The lawyer you hire works for you, is experienced in these matters, and will work to protect you and your family after a car accident in Milwaukee .
If you or someone you love is involved in a car accident in Milwaukee turn to the law firm that will best defend your rights at jsh-law.com